Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gossip Girls

Gossip girls, Gossip girls,


 
Motor mouths that rule the world

 
Spreading rumors with a whisper, into ears drop bitter pearls.

 
Harvesting their bitter pearls from the sea of other’s sorrows

 
Cast their nets today, for the bait they’ll use tomorrow.

 
Feasting on the misery from lives of other folks

 
Masking viciousness, with a wink, and twisted jokes.

 

 

 

 

 
When I decided not to gossip with you anymore

 
Forget the box… I opened up Pandora’s door!

 
To the closet where my skeletons and secrets kept,

 
A heavy lid on the past where my pain slept.

 
So then you spread all my business out there to the world.

 
Yeah I was hurt, but I knew you were a gossip girl.

 
You exposed my stuff wide screen for them all to see…

 
Flashed me your fake smile… what… now you’re my frienemy?

 

 

 
I’m getting smirks from co-workers that we used to Dog!

 
They treat me funny, like some kind of backside log.

 
They’re passing looks over cubicles with eyebrows raised

 
I know the deal, I used to do it, Man those were the days.

 
Those were the days when I was too afraid to tell you “STOP!”

 
Before an ugly word from your mouth was ever dropped,

 
About another and the struggles they were going through.

 
It ain’t my business, I’m doing me, they’re doing them, you should be doing you.

 

 

 
Not nosing around in the scent of other peoples lives…

 
“Child did you hear about the latest, and it ain’t no lie…

 
“He’s freaking him. She’s freaking her. They’re freaking both their wives!”

 
Now that’s some rotten stuff, it’s funky, and it’s sorry too.

 
I should have known better than to play that game with you.

 

 

 
The dog that brings a bone will ultimately snatch and crack,

 
A piece of your bone, and stab you with it in the back.

 
How can you pass all those judgments on your fellow man?

 
He’s on his hustle, trying to make it, doing the best he can.

 
You cop a “tude” when you see them riding their new whip,

 
Check your shoulder, that’s not dandruff, just a nasty chip!

 

 

 
A chip that WILL get knocked off, if you keep that gossip going.

 
What benefit is it to you, people’s business knowing?

 
And in the telling do you Honestly believe you’re spared?

 
The one you gossiped with, left you and your business shared.

 
Shared your struggles with another one who plays the game

 
One who gossips recklessly, pretends to feel no shame.

 

 

 
But late at night when sweet quiet soothes and calms the world

 
She regrets the day, that she became a gossip girl.

 
XOXO!!!

 

 

 
By Robminx

 
Copyright © 2009

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment